Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Modern Dating - A Perfect Match



The following is a conversation between two fictional characters about a fictional date in a fictional town.  All names are fictional and bear no resemblance to anyone fictional or non-fictional... in fact, I’m not sure where the names came from.....

Jessica: “What did you do on the weekend?”
Penny: “Not much, went on a date.”
Jessica: “Oooh, how did it go?”
Penny: “Really great.  We had a lot of fun.”
Jessica: “Lunch?  Dinner?”
Penny: “Lunch”
Jessica: “What did you have?”
Penny: “I had a thai dish and he had a steak”
Jessica: “and how did you get along?”
Penny: “He’s so easy to talk with even though sometimes a bit hard to hear”
Jessica: “why was that?  Did he whisper?”
Penny: “no silly.  The signal was fading out and in”
Jessica: “Huh?”
Penny: “when we called each other!”
Jessica: “WTF? Why were you CALLING each other?”
Penny “WELL, he wanted STEAK and I wanted THAI. So we ate in different places silly!”
Jessica: “You were HAPPY with this????”
Penny: “Yeah sure.  I just had to have thai!  Next time we are going to try and find a place that does thai AND steak.”
Jessica: “So did you meet him or did he pick you up?”
Penny:” He picked me up at home.  Kinda romantic actually”
Jessica: “Well, how the f@#k did you get home then??”
Penny:” We met back at his car and he drove me home.  I’m not stupid!”
Jessica: “So did you get a chance to communicate a little better during the car trip home?”
Penny:”Well, I tried but he kept telling me that he couldn’t answer text messages whilst driving.  Something about crashing the car, cops... I dunno”
Jessica: “I give up” (smacks head with hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment