Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Thursday 23 November 2017

Vale Wally Sparrow - Radio Presenter from Radio Adelaide

Photo courtesy of Ian Fisk Photography


On Monday, whilst I was quietly celebrating my birthday, in another place a man passed away.  This man, one of many talents, was Wally Sparrow whom I had known from Radio Adelaide.  As a presenter of country music for many years, Wally's name was known across the country as an important link in the chain.  I'd wanted to meet him for years and finally got the chance when he invited me for an interview a couple of years ago.

His passion and dedication to the genre of country music was always high and he was a straight shooter who always said what he thought.  One day recently I opened up my email to find a quote from him, sent to me on another site.

The quote reads:

"Susan is a great singer, songwriter and certainly works hard to achieve her goals"


To be honest I was a little bit surprised that he'd taken the time to write it and then post it. I wasn't sure if he would have remembered me at all.  There is his gift:  he remembered everyone, and through that we will always remember him.

Thanks for your time and your support old mate.  

RIP Wally Sparrow

love and appreciation,

Susan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment