Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Saturday 19 November 2011

Hippo Bathday to me

Getting older is one of those things we can’t change unless the big man calls us upstairs.  There’s some comfort to be had in some of the good things that change as we age.  I’m not bothered as much these days if someone doesn’t like me or my opinions.  I am grateful for my experience and the lessons I’ve learned.  The mistakes I’ve made have shown me a new path and the ability to engage with the right people rather than the wrong. 

Another thing that has changed is my attitude to how the opposite sex views us.  There was a time when I was more than a little offended when a guy spoke to my chest when all I wanted him to do was acknowledge that I had a working mind.  Nowadays I find my inner voice screaming “look at my boobs!  Talk to my chest!  For god sake, why are you looking at my face???”  I guess we secretly want to be considered desirable no matter how old we are.

The only thing about getting older I’m not sure I like is that if I want to gaze into a man’s eyes I have to hold him further away so I can focus.  It’s a tragedy of major proportions that will continue to a time when a man whispering sweet nothings in my ear will be just that... nothing.  Oh well, I don’t look my age and I don’t act it, feel it nor live it.  I am just simply proud to make it to another birthday.

2 comments: