Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Saturday 12 November 2011

The Bigger Picture

It’s not how well things go when you are spending your money; it’s the attitude you are faced with if something goes wrong.  A purchase of expensive boots saw me with an accidental size difference from foot to foot.  Somewhere along the fitting of my boots the sizes went a bit amiss.  I just thought it was my feet since my left foot is bigger than the right.  It wasn’t until I had worn them for a few days and had noticed the size difference on the tongue that I realised it wasn’t my feet at all; one boot was a size 6 and the other a 7.

To be honest with you I was predicting a “tough titties” kind of attitude when I called up the store.  Instead, I was treated like a close friend.  The store manager was aghast that this had happened.  When I arrived back there all I wanted was the right sized shoe.  What I got was a completely new pair of boots and a gracious apology from the staff.  That was 8 years ago and not only am I still wearing the boots but I can remember clearly how wonderful the staff and management were to me over that incident.

I did go back too.  I purchased a second pair of the same expensive boots in a different colour.  

I’ve also checked online and the store is still there.  Why wouldn’t it be; it’s the attitude that keeps them going.  They have seen the bigger picture and so have their loyal customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment