Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Monday 17 February 2014

The Art of Service - Part Two

If you've read my last post you will realise it's a bit of a rant.  I'd like to redress that by also mentioning a person and place where I've had great service.

The first honourable mention goes to the lovely lady called Wendy who looks after the self-serve points in Woolies. I was a total failure when I began using the system and with her subtle and gentle guidance I've become a super-user.  Not only that, I see her every-so-often and she remembers me.  I reckon she remembers everyone.  I have often wandered past to see her giving the same gentle assistance to another befudlled customer.  Wendy treats everyone with dignity and respect and you can't help but want to hug her for all that she is and does.

This lady understands what service is about and actually enjoys helping people.  Wendy is the epitome of good service.  I often tell her how happy I am to come to a shop where I get a smile and great service.  She returns that with all the humility a genuinely good person does, with a hint of blush every now and again.

I like going to the supermarket now, and it's down to Wendy's care and great service that I do.  I hope one day that others will take notice and emulate her.  Until then I will enjoy dropping in to "pick up a few things for dinner".

No comments:

Post a Comment