Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Friday 29 August 2014

Musical Bliss - Cat Bird Dog album review

You know those moments when you want to listen to music and regain some of your better self?  I've found it today in some new music I picked up last night.  Local artists, who quipped on stage something akin to if nothing else we might like the artwork, have me riding a happy train right now.  Who are these people you ask?   Sheesh, I really shouldn't tell you.  I should keep this wonderful collection of vibrations to myself but I won't, cos I love to share.

The album is called "Headfirst into The Riddle" and is from the pens and hearts of "Cat Dog Bird".  The essence of this group are Jen Lush and Andy Voigt, two lovely people I met very recently through SCALA FOOM.  The combination of Andy's effortless guitar playing mixes well with the lushness of Jen's voice. When I listen to Jen sing I hear rainbows and I could, probably will, play this album over and over again today.  Andy and Jen are a perfect musical match both on stage and in the studio.  This album gives me just as much at home as they both do live and I can't wait to see a full show from them both.  I'm also hoping that one day I will be on the same bill with Jen and Andy.  How beautiful would that be :)

If you're not doing anything thursday 4th September please come join us at The Jade Monkey, Flinders street, Adelaide.  It's the final of FOOM 2014 LIVE and Cat Dog Bird will be showcasing a song.  Come along anyway, and you may find a new artist or sound that grabs you to the point where you will keep on seeing live music and purchasing local music.

If you can't get there please keep your eyes and ears out for this group both live and on the web.  Grab a copy of the album and know that you are giving yourself a gift that will definitely continue to grow on you.


Ps. I also like the artwork :)

https://www.facebook.com/catdogbirdband
http://www.reverbnation.com/catdogbird1

No comments:

Post a Comment