Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Thursday 22 October 2015

The Excitement of Releasing New Music

How brilliant is it when a single that you've recorded and released gets such great response in its first fortnight of release both domestically and internationally.  

It all began with a phone call to the writer, Darren Scott, about an idea for a Tamworth CMF show in 2016.  The conversation very quickly turned to recording and suddenly I was excited about the prospect of being part of a duo for an original song.  I gleefully accepted and then waited for the demo file to come through.
I've never sung to anyone else's song before so I was excited and, as I'd begun trying to say "yes" to most things I didn't even stop to think about the potential of me not liking the song.

I was right on all fronts as I sat and listened to Darren falsetto to my parts in the song, along with his.  From the opening bars of the song I was hooked and rang him straight away to organise how we were going to proceed.  As it turned out the easiest way was to combine this song with a trip to Southern Queensland where I could record it with Darren. 

Keeping it a secret was very hard and I must confess I told three of my closest peeps about it.  Not about the song but that I'd worked on a project with a mate.  

So we booked  spot  with CRS Publicity and then worked to get a video done and the song finalised and sent to Stephen Brady.



Now we proudly await news from it's release here in Australia on CRS vol 185, track 17.  The digital format was released on Monday 19th October and the CD's are all currently on their way around the country to the beautiful community stations who support us all so much.

Fly In, Fly Out is on itunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/fly-in-fly-out-single/id1044440711

and so far some of our dear friends have told us they've gone ahead and purchased it.   

The EXCITEMENT doesn't end there!!!  One of the overseas recipients, the wonderful Iceman and his online station Best Country Radio added it to the list of new music for top 40 consideration and this week we made our debut at the number 40 spot!!!!!  

I awoke on tuesday morning to the news and have been like a hovercraft as I walk around the place.  


What the future holds we don't know yet.  If the excitement around the joint is any indication both Darren and I are in for quite a ride.
That's the beauty of releasing your own material/new material.  You never know how it's going to be received; and that's some of the most exciting time of our lives.

lots of love

Susan "happy dance" Lily 


1 comment: