Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Thursday 24 March 2016

When Living By Your Values Feels Great

Hi lovely ones,

Today I did something I don't do all that often.  I stood my ground on something and politely asked for a compromise on a situation that I didn't feel was right for me.  I didn't refuse anything, simply asked for a modification to be considered. One that would sit well with my values, well my top two values actually.

Since the discovery of my top 6 values I've been doing my best to work with them and to acknowledge them on a regular basis.  In fact, some really big decisions have been made based on these values.  It's true that, if you can't live with yourself, who can you live with.  It's great as well when you can accept that the other person, and only they, own the response to your values.  If they don't share a respect for your values why be involved with them?  If they do understand and respect you for your values the situation they represent may be the right one for you.

It feels a bit too simple but I'm glad it's become that.  I'd rather walk away from something before it begins than to sell out my values when something doesn't feel right.  I know I'm taking a risk but it feels so good to be doing it.  Am I living a little bit more than ususal?  Who knows, but I'm so glad I was true to my values and that's all that matters today.

Love

Susan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment