Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Friday 2 March 2012

Death Metal, Bellydancing and wicked fun



I have been in a wicked and fun mood all week; especially after the metal gig I went to on Wednesday night.  Has it inspired me?  Yes.  How?  I’m not sure yet, perhaps it was the precise and passionate delivery of the music by the bands.  Maybe it was my cheekiness in bellydancing to something that everyone traditionally headbangs to.  Who knows?  Who cares?
To some, death metal is just noise.  It does create a lot of energy though.  Anyone who’s ever been to science class at school may remember a teacher telling us that “energy doesn’t die; it’s transferred”  What a cool concept!  The energy I received there the other night was inescapable.  I chose to use it as joy.  Joy I was out of the house.  Joy I was surrounded by guys.  Joy there wasn’t a queue in the ladies loo.  Joy to be in the right place at the right time and get to dance on stage with Devin Townsend during his last song. 
There was the absurdity of having death metal followed by the Gummi Bear song (on a big screen) and the elation of the crowd when Townsend erupted onto the stage.
So, do I recommend metal gigs?  Absolutely and positively YES!!!!!!!!!!
Go try it, you will get some energy back into your life and you may even enjoy yourself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment