Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Friday 2 March 2012

The Dexterity of Hands

The human body is an amazing piece of biomechanics. Each day I work with people of varying body habitus’ and situations. My job is to image them in as close to “textbook” perfection each time. No easy feat sometimes yet it’s possible for most. I’m experiencing new things with my own body at the moment. Using my left hand has traditionally taken a back seat to my right. Recently I injured my right shoulder and it needs to be rested as much as possible so it can heal. That means doing more with my left hand and arm and to be honest; it and I are enjoying the challenge. I think it opens the mind a bit more too. I started using a stapler with my left hand at the beginning of the week and now you’d think it was normal for me to do it that way. I’ve discovered a new sense of dexterity that is encouraging me to use my left hand for more things, even if it’s as compensation whilst the other arm is getting better. I think I will use my left hand more from now on. It’s given me a whole new perspective and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment