Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Monday 18 July 2011

B Flat and Self-Belief

Yesterday I hosted an acoustic launch for my album.  I chose my venue carefully and hoped that of the invitations sent out that some would come along to share a few moments of their precious lives with me.  It was a lovely afternoon filled with so many smiles that the power of that room alone could have solved so many problems and shown how much fun life can be when you take a chance.  It filled my heart with joy to see so many familiar and new faces in the audience and once again I was able to meet and make new friends. 

One of the most treasured moments was with a special person who gave me a chance and helped start  so much for me.  To see her there in the audience was a bit daunting at first.  We hadn’t seen each other in ages and this was the first time she had been able to see me sing my own songs. 
This beautiful soul taught me not only how to find my singing voice, but also to believe in myself.  We had a bit of a chat afterwards and laughed at how little I thought I could do that first day of lessons.  She was right, I had convinced myself that I was not able to hit a B flat (above middle C) and from my first lesson onwards I would bounce in and exclaim to her how brilliant I felt each time I sang better.  I feel it was a fantastic journey for both of us, as I could see she also gained a new insight to her own talents.  This gorgeous woman is not only a talented singer she has a gift for encouraging her students to believe in themselves.  That is half the battle with many things and singing is just that little bit more personal as most singers will testify.

I am on a buzz that will stay with me for a long time. B flat eh, the irony is that my first single release was written in B flat.  I’ve only just realised that too he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment