Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Saturday 9 July 2011

My Happy Bitzah

It’s funny what comes into our heads when we are homesick.  For me it’s times where I used to escape down the river with my dog Snoopy.   He was a runt and destined to be sent to heaven so I put him down the front of my jumper and snuck him back home.  What a cracker of a dog he was.  His breed could only be described as “happy bitzah” and he was truly that.  He looked a little bit like a cowboy dog cos his front legs had long hairs that stuck out like chaps. 

He was my loyal friend and companion.  I used to get on my pushy and go for long rides around town.  There he’d be in the basket at the front, my little trainer.  Cheeky monkey used to bark at any big dogs that would then chase my bike.  So I learnt how to sprint on an old clapped out thing with no chain guard.
Sadly, we lost Snoopy to a snake bite.  He was only middle aged too.  I wasn’t home at the time but cried rivers when I came back to find he was no longer a part of my life.  He was a great dog, nay more than that.  Snoopy was to me, a loyal and happy friend.
 The song "Miss You Much" is dedicated to his memory.
Darling Snoopy, my happy little bitzah

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment