Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Monday 11 July 2011

I'd Rather be Silly

To me facebook is a sociable and fun way to promote my music and contact those who are geographically too far away for me to engage with face to face.  For the most part I don’t like to post things that are too political or serious.   I don’t know why really.  Perhaps it’s just that I like to keep some part of me personal and private.  Or maybe it’s because I would prefer to keep things light and cheerful on the web. 

It’s interesting then how things can feel like they have gotten out of hand when you do post a question about a serious topic.   Mostly I’ve not been tempted but on a few occasions I have.  These have seen me post something that is slightly controversial; then wait to see who bites.  The crazy thing is that I never expect that people will get uptight, upset or petulant at one another for each person’s view.  I guess that could be a naive way of looking at the world of social networking.  We are all entitled to our opinions and places like facebook can thrive alongside normal activities in the 3D world if we let them.

 So, I’ve learnt my lesson and removed the wall post. For me there’s way too much angst and negativity out there and I have no wish to dwell on that.  I think we need more silly, and I’m just the girl to do it.  So from now on I am going to concentrate on mirth and fun when I post on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment