Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Thursday 19 April 2012

Being an Adult


What exactly does “be an adult” mean? I was told today that I should "behave like and adult" because I "was one".... It had me perplexed because I actually thought I had been "behaving like an adult".  Perhaps I was wrong though.  So here are some examples of things adults have done or do so you can perhaps help me figure it out.


Should "being an adult" mean I am someone who

·         ducks in and out of traffic instead of using the pedestrian crossing
·          works in a halfway house and gives so much love to those around her
·         steals from other people when they are out of their home
·         refuses to take responsibility for their errors in judgement because of their celebrity status
·          drives within the speed limit and is more careful when they have passengers in their vehicle
·          thinks it’s fun to drive after a tonne of alcohol
·          bashes his or her loved one simply because they feel angry about the world or themselves
·         puts in a great deal of effort in the workplace every day
·         pushes through a crowd because they feel they are more important than everyone else
·         takes a dropped wallet to the police station because they feel it’s the right thing to do
·         cares for their elderly parents and/or grandparents on a daily basis
·          accepts they have a terminal disease and tries to fit as much living in before it’s too late
·         Is pleasant each day to those around them


These are just a few examples of some of the behaviour we hear about in the news and see every day.  So, what does it mean to “be an adult”?  I’ll leave that one up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment