Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Monday 20 March 2017

When Life Is...

Dear Lovely Ones,
I've had a bit of time to ponder about some recent events; how I've felt, grown and, dealt with them.  The statement “Life is as hard as you make it” comes to mind.  Not a bad one and one that each of us will view differently depending on what is happening in our lives.  Some will say it is a challenge to us and continue to strive for happiness and others will simply succumb to the literality of the words and feel that things aren’t worth doing or pursuing. 

So, where do I see myself in this?  I’m somewhere in the upper middle third towards feeling grateful each day and continuing to forge ahead with my dreams.  Yes, sometimes they feel somewhat crushed by things I cannot control and yet they also bounce back.  Sometimes the bounce back feels greater than the fall as I gain a new appreciation of how far I have come since I began consciously acknowledging my path. 

I like to think that new experiences for me will be positive ones, not perfect though, just positive.  My recent foray into a new arena has had its issues and perceived setbacks.  What I mean by “perceived setbacks” are those things that we feel are important to succeed in: yet turn out to be insignificant to our personal journey. It becomes that we must do these things in order to get to where we perceive we ought to be.  For instance, with marketing there are a series of things that people want to do during eg a festival.  Though there are standard methods of marketing, who’s to say that everyone is going to make their own choice via the mass marketing methods?  A major percentage of the people who came to see my Fringe Show only knew me from the guide, my appearances on the unfold fringe stage, social media campaign or the small handful of flyers and posters I distributed.  In that regard I’ve learnt much about what I need to do next year and what people notice more than not.

I feel that people choose something because it resonates with a part of their life and self.  Marketing will succeed when there is a genuine gift to those who participate.  That is the best lesson I’ve had in the past few months.  The other one is to refrain from being caught up in other’s negative experiences and opinions.  After all, we all see the world uniquely and thus the world will do the same to us if we give them the chance to see our unique and genuine self.  That is the best part of what I’ve gained from this new adventure into the world of festivals.


I’m looking forward to seeing what unfolds in coming months.  Thank you universe for teaching me to trust and to keep going.  Life can be easy when you know how to stop it feeling hard.

lots of love to you all

Susan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment