Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Friday 10 February 2012

The Fragility of Childhood


There’s a little part in everyone that represents the fragility of childhood.  Mine is running at me right now telling me it’s hard to believe that I have come this far.  Yet I have come a long way since the days when I was picked on at school for wearing spectacles and being too quiet (yeah, I’ll bet that part will be hard to swallow but it’s true).  Tomorrow night I will attend something that I’ve never been to before and it’s a little hard to believe that one of the reasons I’m invited is because people chose me to be a finalist for an award.  Am I happy about that?  Yeah, it’s brilliant!!!  Yet the little shy girl with glasses is sitting here at the moment tugging at my sleeves. She's reminding me of the many times I danced around my bedroom wishing that I was a popstar.  The many years I spent either not singing or singing off key in public in case I hit a bum note and somebody laughed at me.   She’s hopeful that I will be more liked than she was and that I will have lots of fun.  She wishes me well and says that just being a finalist is better than being bullied at school.  She’s so right.

I’m going to have a lot of fun tomorrow night for both of us.  I just know it :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Honour and protect little Susan, you need her like she needs you.

    ReplyDelete