Susan Lily New Music


ComScore

Sunday 9 July 2017

The Butterfly is Blossoming


Dear Lovely Ones,

It was 6 years ago today that I excitedly experienced my first album launch.  Held at Hardimans Hotel in Kensington, I had a wonderful time with so many gorgeous folk.  Some are still my friends and others I often think of fondly whenever I take an album out or someone requests a song of mine on radio.

This album took a while to become a finished project too.  A labour of love, it took 2 years to be finished.  During that time I learnt much about songwriting, recording and leading a band: all things that were mentored by a fabulous guy and my producer Paul Norton. We worked diligently whenever we could in his studio, and I gained more than I paid for I believe.  I will always be thankful and grateful for the guidance Paul and his gorgeous wife, Wendy Stapleton, gave me.  They are truly generous people who gave me so much and continue to inspire me whenever I find myself with a newly finished song or do a great show.

I had the BEST time that night.  My dad came down to be there with me and I'm so grateful he did.  He loved every minute of it.  I had a great bunch of musicians around me and I also had a surprise visitor who almost knocked me off my high heels.  That was a beautiful moment I will always treasure.  Seeing the smiling face of a man I treasured as a friend and now treasure in my life was the biggest and best surprise of the launch (even though I didn't realise then where I would be now).

Me at my album launch


Today is also the birthday of my favourite twins and a mate from home.  What a fabulous date to have in my life!

Happy sunday everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment